We received good feedback from members in our recent members survey. The Board of Management is currently reviewing the results in detail to ensure we continue to focus on those areas that members consider important.
Some key outcomes are that:-
Members consider C4W’s performance to date in the areas of achievements, advocacy, member communications and media profile to be Good/Excellent.
Members remain highly supportive of C4W’s focus on:-
– Completion of the levee bank
– Addressing the road infrastructure – By-pass, Gobbagombalin Bridge, Glenfield Rd
– Completion of RiFL
– Riverside Precinct
– Continuing to provide quality young professional & school leaders development programs
There is an increased desire for community engagement infrastructure and activities, including:-
– Enhanced walkways/tracks/CBD pedestrian facilities & revitalization of the CBD
– Lake Albert enhancement
— More Festivals & Events
– Embracing Smart city technology
– Business confidence in the local economy remains strong
Respondents identified a relatively diverse range of industries that can deliver significant growth and jobs for Wagga Wagga in the next two decades, which should be regarded as a strength underpinning the local economy.
Respondents are 100% in favour of Wagga Wagga being identified as a Growth Centre and growing the city to a population of 100,000 people and creating in excess of 10,000 new jobs under the NSW Government’s 20Yr Economic Vision for Regional NSW.